I have been reading the articles on this topic casually, because no matter how much painful the incident is I really, really don’t like to go through that girl’s and other girls like her again and again. Sorry, I am too responsive to atrocities against living being.
Indrajit, one of my priceless friends and a very kind hearted person (abodeofhorus.wordpress.com) has given some very good points about preventing these crimes (The thing I too want to happen- hanging the culprits is not the desirable solution, desirable solution is preventing these hellish experiences).
Just like him I too believe that police has failed again and again to stop these crimes so we need normal people like you and me, those who are confident enough to fight rogues build volunteer organizations to help men/women under attack, the more join, the better because alone a knight in white armorr may end up dead but not if there are hundred more with him.
Now if miscreants can gang up to do heinous crimes why cant good people join hands to help each other?
If we unite, his suggestions will most probably curb down crime rates miraculously, his suggestions are:
1. Volunteers Register their Mobile numbers and location
2. Help seekers call the registered distress number
3. The Software locates caller location, and alerts all the members available nearest to it
4. Volunteers rush to be available in numbers to help the help seekers
5. The software also alerts police as an additional measure
6. As an additional coverage, put as many web cams as possible on your home (that are near main roads and crossings) facing the street.
7. The central server keeps record of all camera’s for a fixed number of days, to refer back if required.
8. Activities of offenders recorded on web cams or mobile phones gets uploaded on the web site
9. Any offender if identified and implicated by multiple person goes up on “Board of Shame”
10. Tag these offenders socially
Those who are curious to know the rest can check out his post:
SOURCE OF INFORMATION: APPARENTLY QUITE TRUSTWORTHY SITES OF INTERNET LIKE NEWSPAPERS (MOSTLY).